Immigration-1500x555International students are required to have a valid student visa during their stay in New Zealand. Once you have received an Offer of Place from FutureCOL – The College of Future Learning, and you have paid your tuition fees, you should apply for a student visa from your nearest Immigration New Zealand office (contact the New Zealand Embassy or High Commission for details).

Full details of visa and permit requirements, advice on rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available through Immigration New Zealand, and can be viewed on their website at


Find out what you need to do to meet Immigration requirements to get a student visa. You can also find out about what your student visa means for your family.

Find out about the application process:

  • where to start
  • how to apply for your first visa
  • how to apply for a further visa
  • how to change the conditions of your visa.

Click here for more details

Find out more about what you need to do after your student visa has been granted.

Here’s a checklist of preparations you may need to make before you leave. And we’ve included some useful information to help you decide what to bring to New Zealand.